Work from home is the new normal and almost all the companies around the world have provided this option to the employees so that they can be safe and sound. This has been proved to be the only way due to the huge spread of Covid-19 and companies are not used to manage every single employee at the office premises.
Remote working has been giving out results slowly but it is the only option firms can look up to. Though in the initial days it was difficult for employees to adapt to the conditions, it eventually improved. Also, we can understand that most of the managers and team heads are facing the situation of managing remote workers for the first time.
How do they manage?
- Remote working has definitely gathered the attention of workers who are from other countries as well.
- This has created a huge need for companies to learn to manage employees effectively.
- Currently, U.S has witnessed a 44% surge in people trying out remote working.
- The main benefit is that people can get their much-needed work-life balance. It saves their time, money, and a lot of energy also.
- Many types of research have also proved that working from home has seen improved productivity when compared to office. Mainly, it eliminates the existence of cultural differences at the office.
- Managing remote workers, supervising and evaluating each and every employee is a huge challenge.
- Some people might need a push and motivation to continue working at home while others might be self-driven and motivated.
- To do these effectively, the intervention of technology is extremely necessary.
- Managers must also use different and unique methods to boost and motivate the employees to work.
- Companies must come up with cloud meetings and collaboration tools which will assist the firms to manage the remote employees easily.
- In addition to this, cloud management software, video collaboration, and tracking software will help managers keep eye on their employees and provide necessary feedback regarding the same.